New release from Seclore eases IRM system integration with existing and new IT infrastructure for enterprises.
Mumbai, 9th Sept 2010 – Seclore today announced the availability of V2.20 of its flagship IRM technology – Seclore FileSecure. The fundamental driver behind the new release is making the IRM technology ‘integration friendly’Abhijit Tannu, CTO of Seclore explains – “As the adoption of IRM technology increases, enterprises and ISVs will be forced to integrate other technology elements with IRM technology. The latest release of Seclore FileSecure acknowledges this fact and also cuts down the time to integrate by 80%”.
Some of the major enhancements within this release is:
1. Integration framework for new desktop applications, operating systems –Enterprise applications and IT infrastructure is constantly evolving. With V2.20 Seclore FileSecure has incorporate a framework for incorporating compatibility with a wide variety of operating systems like Windows 7 and desktop applications. Seclore’s recent partnership with Autodesk has already delivered results with this release supporting dominant AutoCAD applications. This is true for PDFs also where the release gives enterprises the freedom to use the smaller footprint and secure Foxit PDF reader and supports rich annotation within the reader itself. Numerous image formats can be protected and rendered within the rich inbuilt image viewer or other dominant desktop imaging tools.
2. Integration framework for new information processing applications –Seclore FileSecure has incorporated a framework for integration with a variety of transactional and information management (IM) applications. The framework has already been put to use by the company demonstrating integrations with IBM FileNet and Newgen Omnidocs, the most dominant electronic content management systems globally and in India respectively.The integration framework for transactional and IM applications allows applications to seamlessly incorporate IRM functionality and protect information leaving the application via downloads / check-out and ensure that the incoming information can be unprotected before being stored. Web service based APIs combined with a pluggable framework significantly ease this integration.
3. Integration framework for Data Loss Prevention(DLP) & E-discovery systems – The new release also incorporates the Discover-Tag-Protect (DTP) framework released earlier this year for integration with DLP and electronic discovery systems. The DTP framework allows content discovery and classification systems to protect discovered information based on rules and policies defined within. Various components of the DLP can use desktop, network and web based APIs to automate the protection of classified information.
4. Integration framework for new identity stores – Seclore FileSecure V2.20 incorporates a formal method of integrating with standards compliant as well as proprietary authentication systems. With standards compliant authentication the support is built in using the identity integration frameworks which includes numerous industry standard systems like Microsoft AD, SunONE, Domino, Tivoli & OpenDS. For propreitary systems a framework for identity federation as well as SSO provides an easy-to-use method to use the systems identity store for authentication of Seclore Filesecure protected documents.
5. Ease of management and use – Further reducing the IT overheads and increasing the usability of the system, V2.20 incorporates functionalities by which administrative activities can be audited for compliance to business rules and policies. Also as an added feature, information about desktop configuration and application details can be exported for easy management of end client infrastructure and resolving potential conflicts.
With V2.20, Seclore FileSecure has made the bold step of moving IRM technology from a security application to a security infrastructure which has the capability to become the backbone of borderless security. “As enterprise applications and information and systems get spread across internal and external service providers a method to uniformize information usage becomes critical. Seclore FileSecure is positioned to fulfill that need” says Vishal Gupta, CEO of Seclore.
Seclore is a high growth software product company promoted by IIT Bombay. Seclore FileSecure and Seclore InfoSource help mitigate the risk arising out of information breaches and regulatory non-compliance whilst enhancing collaboration. This is done by providing ubiquitous technology for information control within and outside of the enterprise which seamlessly works with existing infrastructure, is easy to deploy & use and comes with pay-as-you-use pricing. Seclore is present globally with customers across industry segments boldfocusi37.sg-host.com