Findings from survey conducted at Citrix Synergy 2016 highlight the need for integrated data-centric security
May 26, 2016, Las Vegas, NV – Seclore, the leader in Enterprise Digital Rights Management (EDRM), released the results of a survey conducted at Citrix Synergy 2016 that illustrate alarming trends in enterprise security. The company polled over a hundred of healthcare, financial services and manufacturing IT professionals with varying levels of experience, and found that the majority of organizations continue to put sensitive data at risk, with productivity ranking higher on employees’ priority lists than security.
While cybersecurity is a top concern for businesses now more than ever, the survey shows employees are still mismanaging corporate priorities and putting sensitive data at risk.
- When ranking the top priorities of employees at their organization, productivity ranked highest, with 48 percent of respondents choosing it as the top concern, followed by convenience (28 percent), and security (17 percent)
- 40 percent of respondents reported that C-suite executives posed the most serious risk to information security
- Finance departments are most likely to share sensitive information across and outside the organization (23 percent), followed by sales (20 percent), and engineering (15 percent)
The findings illustrate that personal collaboration habits are potentially causing data leakage and creating security weaknesses for cybercriminals to exploit.
- 69 percent of respondents admitted to using file-sharing software to share sensitive information with someone outside of their organization
- 29 percent admitted to putting sensitive data at risk for the sake of productivity
- 40 percent of respondents have retained access to sensitive data after leaving a job
“As organizations continue to push their workforces to increase productivity and raise efficiency, it’s not surprising that so many employees confess to taking short-cuts,” said Vishal Gupta, CEO of Seclore. “Until employees are armed with easy to use, data-centric solutions capable of automatically securing information at the point of sharing or download, you can expect problems such as data leakage to persist in the enterprise.”
To learn more about Seclore’s survey, or request a product demo, visit us at boldfocusi37.sg-host.com
Seclore’s Enterprise Digital Rights Management solution enables organizations to control the usage of files wherever they go, both within and outside of organizations’ boundaries. Featuring dozens of pre-built connectors for leading enterprise applications (EFSS, DLP, ECM, ERP, and email), Seclore automates the protection of documents as they are downloaded, discovered, and shared to accelerate adoption.
With the most advanced, automated and secure EDRM technology, Seclore was recently recognized by Frost & Sullivan with a Growth Excellence award, by Deloitte as one of the ‘50 Fastest Growing Technology Companies,’ and by Gartner as a ‘Cool Vendor,’ due to innovations in browser-based access to protected documents. With over 4 million users across 400 companies in 29 countries, Seclore is helping organizations achieve their data security, governance, and compliance objectives.